The Econometric Society is Pleased to Announce the Results of its 2022 Election of Officers and Council.
The following have been elected to serve as officers in 2023:
- Rosa Matzkin, University of California, Los Angeles, has been elected President.
- Eliana La Ferrara, Harvard Kennedy School, has been elected First Vice-President. She will presumably become President in 2024.
- Larry Samuelson, Yale University, has been elected Second Vice-President. He will presumably become First Vice-President in 2024 and President in 2025.
- Bart Lipman, Boston University, has been elected Executive Vice-President.
The following have been elected to the 2023 Council:
- Richard Holden, UNSW Business School, representing the Australasian region.
- Yaw Nyarko, New York University, representing the African region.
The Society thanks the following Executive Committee members of the Econometric Society Guido Tabellini, Bocconi University, for his service as President; Penny Goldberg, Yale University, for her service as Past President; Enrique Sentana, CEMFI, for his service as Executive Vice-President; and Dilip Mookherjee (Boston University) for his service as At-large member. We also thank Michael Keane (University of New South Wales) for his service as a Council member of the Society.
Finally, the Society would like to express its gratitude to the members of the Officers and Council Nominating Committee for their work: Penny Goldberg (Chair), Paul Klemperer, Rosa Matzkin, Dilip Mookherjee, Helene Rey, Jean-Marc Robin, and Guido Tabellini.