2023 Asian Summer School in Econometrics and Statistics, Beijing, China
2023 Asian Summer School in Econometrics and Statistics
The Econometric Society
July 18-23, 2023
Application portal opens: March 10, 2023
Application deadline: May 31, 2023
Admission decisions announced around June 9, 2023
The Econometric Society is pleased to announce that the “Asian Summer School in Econometrics and Statistics of the Econometric Society” will be held at the University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China, July 18-23, 2023. The Summer School is a collaborative effort by the following prestigious institutions:
- Center for Forecasting Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- School of Economics and Management, University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Gregory and Paula Chow Institute for Economic Research, Xiamen University
- Dongbei University of Finance and Economics.
The program is primarily designed for young faculty members and Ph.D. students in related fields.
Lectures will be delivered in person, but participants have the option to attend either in person or online. However, we strongly encourage attendees to participate in person.
- Jiti Gao, Monash University
- Yongmiao Hong, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Cheng Hsiao, University of Southern California
- Dennis Lin, Purdue University
- Whitney Newey, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Shouyang Wang, Chinese Academy of Sciences and University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Zhijie Xiao, Boston College
- Cindy Yu, Lowa State University
All lectures are conducted in English. Topics to be covered include time series econometrics, panel data analysis, machine learning, and causal inferences.
The application portal will be open from March 10, 2023. Interested students can fill in applications at https://summerschool2023.casconf.cn/ before May 31, 2023. Please indicate whether you will be attending the summer school in-person or online. In addition to lectures, we organize workshops where a selected group of students can present their research. Please upload your research when you apply. An applicant must be a member of the Econometric Society at the time of their application. To join the Econometric Society, please visit http://www.econometricsociety.org. Admission decisions will be announced around June 9, 2023, and you will be notified individually.
Registration fee and living cost.
There is no registration fee for the Summer School. Participating students are responsible for their own living costs (e.g., travel, housing and food) during the Summer School.
For more information, please visit
- https://summerschool2023.casconf.cn/for the latest information about the program and the local logistics.
- https://mscas-en.ucas.ac.cn/for information about the School of Economics and Management, the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- http://cefs.amss.cas.cn/for information about the Center for Forecasting Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
We hope to see you in Beijing in July 2023!
The Organizing Committee for the Asian Summer School in Econometrics and Statistics
The Econometric Society