Senior Associate (2024 Start) - Antitrust and Competition Economics (N. America)
Charles River Associates
Charles River Associates is a leading global consulting firm that offers economic, financial, and strategic expertise to major law firms, corporations, accounting firms, and governments around the world. For more than 50 years, CRA experts have combined rigorous cutting-edge research, state-of-the-art methodology, and proven experience to address our clients’ most complex challenges. Our cases include monopolization, collusion, contractual restrictions, innovation, merger reviews and regulatory proceedings.
CRA seeks new PhD economists with strong grounding in Applied Microeconomics or Applied Microeconometrics to join CRA’s Antitrust and Competition Economics practice.
Our Antitrust and Competition Economics (NA) practice hiring office locations are Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Oakland/San Francisco Bay Area, CA; Toronto ON; and Washington, DC.
Senior Associate responsibilities may include:
- Identifying and conceptualizing issues, specifying rigorous economic models to analyze market issues, undertaking statistical and econometric estimation, and managing the work of research associate staff and colleagues;
- Supervising, training and mentoring research associate staff;
- Assisting in the development and presentation of client deliverables, including expert reports and white papers summarizing opinions, conclusions, and recommendations using market, industry or client-proprietary data;
- Acting as a primary point of contact for attorneys and other industry or government clients on a variety of practice-relevant issues;
- Programming, model building and/or regression analysis in statistical analysis programs (such as Stata, SAS, Matlab, R, Mathematica and Python) including large data projects requiring use of cloud computing;
- Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of analyses and opinions; and,
- Participating in practice-building activities (training, recruiting, publication, expertise sharing, etc.).
As most of our work takes place in CRA’s offices, minimal travel is required.
Successful candidates will have or be expected to complete a Ph.D. in economics by 2024 and, as noted above, will have expertise in Applied Microeconomics or Applied Microeconometrics including relevant applied fields as noted.
CRA provides immigration assistance to eligible foreign nationals in accordance with the firm’s immigration policy and applicable law.
To be considered for all interview opportunities, candidates must:
- Submit your curriculum vitae, cover letter, a copy of a research/job market paper or dissertation, and 3 letters of recommendation to this posting;
- Submit the short CRA online application on our website. If you have a geographic office preference, please indicate that in the application.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AAE). As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, with first round interviews occurring virtually. To be considered, please submit your application no later than November 4, 2022. Note: This posting will close at midnight UTC 4 Nov, which is 7 pm US Eastern Time and 4 pm US Pacific Time. Candidates who are focusing their search on industry and consulting and would like to be considered early should indicate that in the CRA online application and submit all materials as early as possible.