Associate - Brussels
About Analysis Group
Analysis Group is one of the largest international economics consulting firms, with more than 1,000 professionals across 14 offices in Europe, North America, and Asia. For over 30 years, we have provided expertise in economics, finance, health care analytics, and strategy to leading law firms, Fortune Global 500 companies, and government agencies worldwide. Our internal experts, together with our network of affiliated experts from academia, industry, and government, offer our clients exceptional breadth and depth of expertise.
We have a broad range of expertise and collaborate with leading academics to offer cutting-edge analyses and analytical tools to address business challenges that require rigorous, evidence-based research. We assist leading law firms in many different litigation contexts, including finance, antitrust, intellectual property and commercial damages. We advise corporate and government clients on a range of business issues that require expert interpretation of economic and financial data, including valuation of companies, and assets, securities and financial instruments and transfer pricing issues, market analyses, and evaluation of mergers and acquisitions.
About the Associate Position:
As an associate, you will have the opportunity to work on complex business problems within a collaborative environment. You will play a critical role in driving the research, analysis, and strategy of cases. You can expect to work on multiple projects at a time across various practice areas and industries. Your responsibilities and work experiences may include but not be limited to the following:
- Identifying key economic issues and developing relevant analytical frameworks
- Formulating economic and financial models
- Conducting empirical studies
- Performing quantitative and qualitative research
- Collaborating with academic and in-house experts
- Presenting results of analyses
- Thinking creatively about how leading-edge analytics and emerging data sources address clients’ most pressing business challenges
- Coordinating multiple work-streams or analyses within a case team, including both the work product and the team members involved in it
- Helping companies leverage analytical tools to better manage innovation
The scope of the role may change over time due to business needs. Tasks are reviewed from time to time to follow trends and evolutions in the market.
Analysis Group fosters a progressive and academically oriented work environment, with an emphasis on teamwork and collaboration across diverse areas of expertise. Specifically, we seek candidates who have:
- A graduate degree in economics, finance, or general business, Ph.D. preferred
- Passion for using data and analytics to solve the economic, financial, and business challenges our clients face
- Expertise in areas such as industrial organization, microeconomics, econometrics, market structure, competition economics, pricing theory, labor economics, health economics, public economics, environmental economics, finance, accounting, marketing and survey design,
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- An excellent academic record
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a team environment and the ability to effectively work independently
- Excellent attention to detail
- A desire to continuously learn and develop professionally
- Excellent command of English
How to Apply
To be considered, you must upload a cover letter indicating geographic preference(s) and curriculum vitae. If you are completing your Ph.D., please also upload your job market paper and have three letters of recommendation sent to [email protected].
To view these job descriptions in French, Dutch, and German please click here. These translations have been made purely for translation purposes.
The personal data provided during your application are processed by Analysis Group for the purpose of managing candidates for employment, for a period of 4 weeks from the transmission of the application, and then for a period of one year from any refusal.
As such, Analysis Group is likely to inform you for a period of one year of future opportunities that may be of interest to you. The processed data will not be communicated to third parties other than group companies. The processing of your personal data is necessary for the execution of the pre-contractual measures taken at your request, in that Analysis Group cannot process your application without this data.
At any time, you may exercise your rights of access, rectification, deletion, opposition, limitation of processing, as well as your rights to portability and to define the fate of your data by sending a request to the address: [email protected]
In the event of a violation of your rights, you can also file a complaint with the Belgian data protection authority.