Aug 15 - 20, 2022
SUMMER SCHOOL in
DYNAMIC STRUCTURAL ECONOMETRICS
Theme: Market Design
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
August 15–20, 2022
APPLY AT http://dseconf.org
DEADLINE: FRIDAY APRIL 1
We are pleased to announce the next event in the sequence of Econometric Society summer schools in Dynamic Structural Econometrics.
The primary focus of DSE summer schools is to provide early-stage PhD students with the tools to carry out research in the rapidly developing area of empirical market design with a strong emphasis on closely integrating economic and econometric theory in empirical work. The school covers the theoretical and methodological foundations in market design, the state-of-the-art methods for estimating models that are fundamental in this literature and providing an overview of open questions. We will use a variety of empirical applications to illustrate how these tools and methods are combined to address important applied questions.
The 2022 Econometric Society DSE summer school consists of 4 days of lectures held in conjunction with the Dynamic Structural Econometrics Conference 2022 (August 19-20). The conference brings together top junior and senior researchers from the field to discuss recent advances in theoretical and applied work. The summer school and the conference are hosted by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Lecturers of the summer school and invited conference speakers include:
- Nikhil Agarwal (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Fedor Iskhakov (Australian National University)
- Irene Lo (Stanford University)
- Victoria Marone (University of Texas at Austin)
- Robert A. Miller (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Whitney Newey (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Ariel Pakes (Harvard University)
- Parag Pathak (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- John Rust (Georgetown University)
- Bertel Schjerning (University of Copenhagen)
- Paulo Somaini (Stanford Graduate School of Business)
- Daniel Waldinger (New York University)
Interested students and presenters are invited to submit their applications via the website http://dseconf.org. Application deadline is April 1, 2022. All applicants must be a member of the Econometric Society at the time of application. To join the Society, visit http://www.econometricsociety.org.
We hope to see you in Cambridge in August 2022! Due to the current uncertainty of the COVID-19 situation and potential travel restrictions, we might need to change the setting to a hybrid event or even hold it in an entirely virtual fashion. We will make this decision closer to the date of the event.
2022 DSE organizers: Nikhil Agarwal and Whitney Newey
DSE core organizers: Fedor Iskhakov, John Rust, Bertel Schjerning