Jul 12 - 17, 2021
Asian Summer School in Econometrics and Statistics
The Econometric Society
July 12-17, 2021
Hybrid Format (In-person and virtual options)
Application deadline: May 31, 2021
The 2021 Asian Summer School in Econometrics and Statistics of the Econometric Society will be held both on-site and online by University of Chinese Academy of Sciences in Beijing, China on July 12-17, 2021. The Summer School is organized by the Center for Forecasting Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences, and School of Economics and Management, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, and co-organized by Gregory and Paula Chow Center for Economic Research, Xiamen University, and School of Economics, Dongbei University of Finance and Economics.
Given the COVID-19 pandemic and associated travel restrictions, both onsite and online participation/presentation will be allowed. All the presentations will be available on a virtual platform.
Preliminary list of invited lecturers (in alphabetical order):
Zongwu Cai (University of Kansas)
Yongmiao Hong (Chinese Academy of Sciences and University of Chinese Academy of Sciences)
Cheng Hsiao (University of Southern California)
Lung-Fei Lee (Ohio State University)
Whitney Newey (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
Shouyang Wang (Chinese Academy of Sciences and University of Chinese Academy of Sciences)
Yoon-Jae Whang (Seoul National University)
All lectures are conducted in English. Topics that will be covered in lectures include:
• Estimation of high-dimensional multivariate GARCH models
• Nonlinear spatial autoregressive models with applications
• Nonlinear VAR models: theory and applications
• Panel interactive models
• Stochastic dominance with applications to economics and finance
• Time-varying models and forecasts
• Treatment effects and machine learning
Registration will be open on March 10, 2021. You can register for the Summer School at http://summerschool2021.csp.escience.cn/dct/page/1 before May 31, 2021. Please indicate whether you will attend the Summer School on-site or online. Presenters must be members of the Econometric Society. To join the Econometric Society, please visit http://www.econometricsociety.org. Admission decisions will be announced around June 10, 2021 and will be shared individually.
Registration fees and living costs
There is no registration fee for the Summer School. Participating students are responsible for their own living costs (e.g., travel, housing and food expenses) during the Summer School.
For more information, please visit
• http://summerschool2021.csp.escience.cn/dct/page/1 about the latest program and logistics of the Summer School.
• http://cefs.amss.cas.cn/ about Center for Forecasting Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
• https://sem.ucas.ac.cn/index.php/zh/about School of Economics and Management, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences.
We look forward to seeing you in Beijing in July!