May 25 - Jun 1, 2021
***** NEW SCHOOL*****
SUMMER SCHOOL - CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
2021 AFRICA SUMMER SCHOOL IN ECONOMETRICS
Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Statistique et d’Economie Appliquée (ENSEA)
May 25 to June 2, 2021
Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Important dates for application submission:
Application Deadline: February 26, 2021
Status Notification (applies only to student applications for onsite participation): March 5, 2021
The 2021 Africa Summer School in Econometrics (ASSE) will be hosted by Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Statistique et d’Economie Appliquée (ENSEA) from May 25 to June 2, 2021 and will gather students, junior faculty and research professionals from African institutions as well as overseas.
The 2021 ASSE covers the following topics:
- Causal inference and policy evaluation for (Quasi) experimental data and Non- experimental data.
- New developments on Panel data analysis methods.
- Bootstrap Methods.
- Financial Econometrics.
- Macroeconometrics: Time series.
- The school also includes the 2021 Marschak lecture taking place on June 2, 2021 by Manuel Arellano (CEMFI, Madrid).
Confirmed lecturers are (in alphabetical order): Manuel Arellano (CEMFI, Madrid), Matias Cattaneo (Princeton University), Firmin Doko Tchatoka (University of Adelaide), Pascaline Dupas (Stanford University), Christian Gouriéroux (CREST, University of Toronto), and Michael Jansson (University of California, Berkeley).
Summer School Format: Hybrid – Some of the lectures will be onsite while others will be online. All the presentations will be available on a virtual platform.
We invite applications from graduate students (Masters or Ph.D. levels), academics and research professionals with strong quantitative backgrounds.
Application file (Only for onsite participation):
Onsite participation to the Summer School has limited capacity and participation will be on a selective basis, especially among graduate students.
Academics and Research Professionals are invited to submit:
A cover letter indicating their affiliation and position and addressed to the organizing committee
An updated CV
Graduate Students are invited to submit:
- A cover letter indicating their School, program and level of completion.
- Two reference contacts, preferably current or former teachers. Make sure to provide their full contact information: Name, affiliation, position, e-mail address etc. The selection committee will request reference letters directly from your contacts to complete your application.
- An updated CV.
- Transcripts over the last two academic years.
Students: registration fees payment is required after application acceptance.
Payment at http://editorialexpress.com/conference/AFES2021
- Onsite Participation: Regular fees: US$250 Students’ fees: US$150
- Online Participation: Regular fees: US$50 Students’ fees: Free (Send proof of status by email)
Application Deadline: Applications shall be sent to [email protected] including all supporting files in pdf format no later than February 26, 2021.
Financial support will be available for graduate students and young researchers (with priority to students from Africa). The allocation of the grants will be on a competitive basis. The grants will partially cover travel and accommodation expenses for onsite participants. Interested applicants shall mention in their cover letter if they want to be considered for financial support.
The 2021 ASSE will be followed by the 2021 Africa Meeting of the Econometric Society (AFES 2021) hosted by ENSEA from June 3 to 5, 2021. More information on AFES 2021 can be found at https://www.africaeconometricsociety.com/.