Competition Economist (all levels)
About E.CA Economics
E.CA Economics is one of the leading economic consultancy firms providing case-related advice and research in the competition policy and regulation fields. Our work includes mergers, antitrust and state aid cases, economic analyses within regulatory procedures and studies on competition policy issues for international organisations. Our headquarters are in central Berlin with offices in Brussels, London and Munich as well. We work as one team across offices and our main language is English.
We work in close partnership with a leading US consultancy, Bates White, and the international business school ESMT Berlin as well as a number of leading experts in the competition field. Throughout our history, we have built an excellent reputation for reliable and high-quality analysis, and have established ourselves as a key player in the European economic consulting market.
About the role
Our Economists use economic theory and econometrics and other facts based and in-depth data analyses to address some of the most pressing competition issues of the day and help clients engage with authorities and courts in a full spectrum of competition proceedings.
You will work closely with other economists of all levels on multiple important, complex and high-profile projects in varied sectors and industries. You will be instrumental in the production of expert economic reports and other submissions, and have the chance to advise our clients and their legal teams in both transactional and contentious matters. We also work on projects for competition authorities and regulators.
At E.CA our teams are supportive and with flat hierarchy. You will become a true expert in the field of each project you undertake, and learn transferable skills every step of the way.
- Postgraduate degree or higher in economics, econometrics, or a related field
- A specific interest in industrial organisation and competition policy
- Strong knowledge of standard statistical software, preferably Stata
- Programming skills are an advantage
- Strong drafting and communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and empathetic mindset
- Honest and approachable personality
- Proactive and enthusiastic colleague
- Creative thinker
- Excellent command of English
- German and Dutch at minimum B1 level is an advantage but not a requirement
- Other languages are welcome and appreciated
- Work for one of the most respected names in the industry and be a vital part of sector-leading projects and ground-breaking industry developments
- Be supported and nurtured in your career progression through mentoring, goal-setting and further training to expand your technical, economic and soft skillset
- Feel at home in our buzzing offices across Europe, and bond with the whole company on our yearly company trip and other joint activities
- Benefit from our open-door policy, enjoy secondments to our Berlin, Brussels, London and Munich offices, and work across borders in a truly international team
- Diverse and inclusive working environment with a collegiate and warm atmosphere
- Flexible work schedule with a mix of office and home working, and a management team committed to maintaining work-life balance
How to apply
Your application should include
- Your CV
- A cover letter
- Certificates and transcripts for all university degrees
- Contact details of professional or academic referees, if available
- Copies of selected recent publications, if applicable
We are looking forward to receiving your full application, preferably in PDF format via this website.
E.CA Economics GmbH / Schlossplatz 1 / 10178 Berlin, Germany
Learn more about us on Linkedin